Logo

Server and admins

Objective: General discussion and questions.
Here is the place to discuss about server and forum related stuff or to ask any questions.

Server and admins

Postby Branch » 31 Oct 2018 20:12

Hi guys, I'm an old ctf player. I often play on your server and I would like to understand if it is possible to improve the game experience. In recent months the situation on the server has become unplayable in my opinion and this is due to poor management by the admin. I made a list of problems to share with you to find out if you can find a solution:
1-The server is almost always overpopulated (30 slots is really too much) and it becomes difficult to play decently.
I am glad that there are so many people, the problem is that most are players with no experience that should be encouraged to follow the rules when possible, but sanctioned (even sternly) if they continue to transgress. Very often none of these things is done.
2-Always because of overpopulation, I suggest that at least with admin present, we can ask and get to disable smokes and hk. I know it is a heavy limit for some, but I do not find it right that because of a few people you ruin the game at all.
3-You never understand who and how many are the admin. Personally I have identified and discussed with Einstein (who probably will be the one answering this post) on several occasions, but frequently you see people with strange names that sanction other players and you never know who they are. If questioned, 90% of the time do not respond. It is important that the admin can be identified in my opinion.
4-There are many players and a few admin/moderators. The server is full of people who could play at least one of these roles better than most of the admin I've seen so far with all due respect.

P.S. I have not written this post to nominate myself as admin, but I can suggest several names of suitable people. My post just wants to be a suggestion to improve things. I am willing to speak in person in ts3 or discord for clarifications.
Regards
Branch
Branch
Player
Player

Re: Server and admins

Postby Flyer » 01 Nov 2018 01:40

Hi Branch !

You always complain on server, because of HK, smoke, 30 slots ....... This is a public server, the aim is to satisfy the taste of the majority of players. If servers is full even with Hk, smoke, and other things you complain... it probably means it is not so bad.

Admins are actualy more active than it has already been. If they are not, the forum is there, I personaly try to be the most active possible on forum when I'm not in game. It's easy, we dont ask you time, nick or others things, just to post a demo of the problem guy. Requests are responded fast enough in my mind.

About admins who hide themself, trust me it is usefull. Yesterday again, I banned a player who was in game just to kill mates. I forced him spec then to explain him that it's enough, he has already be banned, next time it will be a permaban. I specced him, he was ok. I reconnect with an other nick, 5 minutes later he was teamkilling again, thinking no admins online. Banned him.
There are some children who do on purpose to provocate when they know there are admins, saying "[admin] please ban him, he is teamkiller" (shit happens, was a tk not on purpose), "[admin] please ban him, he is a cheater" (never gone spec to check if the player is a real hacker, in reality just a good known player). You have to understand that admins are players first, and sometimes we take other nick to play in peace, but not forgetting to do our "job". (That's why sometimes you see random players using admins' right... This is just an admin who wants to play, not being recognize).

I honestly dont understand your requests here, and personaly I dont want HK or smoke to be removed. I hate smoke, never used them, but I learned to play with goggles. HK abusers are warned. Dont forget this is a public server, noobs are welcome. Server is full ? 30 slots ? Well, good thing ! More we are, better it is. Most of maps are big enough in the mapcycle. Admins are active on server (even if they are hidden time to time, but the most important is that they are there, no ?) and when they are not, the forum is there, and requests are responded fast.

See you in game.

Friendly,
Flyer
Flyer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Branch » 01 Nov 2018 16:04

You're right, I complain too much during the games. That's why I decided to try writing here. Last attempt and then I resign myself. I've noticed in the last few weeks that I'm not the only one complaining. On the server there aren’t only noobs, but also many middle-level players and I think it's right to think about them too. I know it's a noob friendly server, but I wonder how far. Hk and smokes create big problems of falling fps. At certain times the only solution is to leave the server and let it go because playing in those cases is impossible. The end result is that the server sometimes remains full of noobs and the medium/high level players are forced to flee. I have often noticed that some go on the American server Urt4 Ctf east (where for example explosives can be activated only on request). I repeat, I do not ask to do who knows what, but simply to limit the misuse of those weapons.
As for the ghost admin, I know that often you do it to spectate people or to play a game in peace, but it is also true that sometimes it is important to see that there are admin present and recognizable.
And anyway, often it does not even need to be there to spect people. For example, the aimbot could be identified in a moment and just check the stats for confirmation. Whomever tk on purpose could be ban it directly instead of wasting time explaining things. Usually they’re children who don’t care to play, but ruin the game to others. They should write on the forum to ask to be unbanned.
I'm sure that with a little more attention, you would still have the full server, but of people who have a slight idea of ​​the difference between ctf and tdm. Maybe someone could even improve. But if you tell me that the server is good for you so I put it away. But I do not think it makes any sense.
Peace!
B.
Branch
Player
Player

Postby Einstein » 02 Nov 2018 10:24

Hi

* Server slots are Ok for my opinion. There are many big maps that need more ppl. More ppl more fun.
* Smoke and HK will never been dis, the game is that..dis smoke, HD, negev, psg, googles, desert bla bla bla...better play Knife Mode.
* Usually we admins change nick for the cheaters or "bad" ppl. Personally i am one of the oldest admins of sexys, ( after Shark ) and a lot of ppl know me, so i change nick to see if someone is cheting or not..But after some mimutes that i am in server, always put my name. Exist a mode of admins ( that sleepy can use it) called Hiden Admins.
* We try to be more active possibel. Now we are only in 2 the most active admins, and is not easy to find a good admin for the server called Sexys CTF 1/2 of the world and 1 in europe. We are searching for new admins, but ppl that we know very good and that have never argue with any admin :D

Be happy , kill less :P

Regards

Einstein
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Branch » 02 Nov 2018 12:34

Hi Einstein,
I badly explained myself. The server slots aren’t a problem in themselves, but if you allow you to use hk and smokes to everybody, you know very well that the server becomes unplayable for everyone (including you). Honestly, I can not understand how it is possible that you can accept it.
For the admin issue, let me say that for a server so populated, it would need a lot more people that at least can call a “balance” or a “team”. Good players who could help you there are as many as you want. But you also know that those who are best suited for this role are mostly players who agreed with me. Einstein I know I'm boring, but I'm convinced you know that the server could be much better if you just decided to do something. I've always thought it's better to have a server with skilled people to play because everyone can improve. That said, thank you for your patience.
See you in game.
Respectfully
Branch
Branch
Player
Player

Postby Einstein » 02 Nov 2018 17:08

Branch.
I am not the owner of the server. This server is always been like it is now. Sleepy can choose what to do with it. But my opinion is that the server is ok, becouse the game is made with HK, smoke ecc...Without smoke, hk or else, game is not 100% complete.
The only thing that i can undestand you and to be with your same opinion is to turn off smoke or hk in some maps, like Slumwar .
But i repeat, we can write all that we want, sleepy will never change it .

Einstein
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Branch » 03 Nov 2018 13:07

Hi Einstein!
Obviously who pays the server can do what he wants. It can also set smokes and hk as unique weapons! I don't know sleepyhead otherwise I would have talked to him directly.
Honestly it seemed to me that years ago the situation was very different on the server.
My problem is that I strongly believe that hk and smokes are weapons that are generally used in tdm where the purpose is to eliminate the opponent and not take the flag.I'll give you an example: think of turnpike on the server in a 12 vs12 situation. If even half of the people start using smokes and hk, you die as you spawned without even understanding why. If in extreme cases the admin intervened, it would not be that bad. That said, I thank you for wasting your time answering me. See you on the server.
Cya
B.
Branch
Player
Player

Postby Flyer » 03 Nov 2018 13:24

Hi Branch !

I think you might be confused with an other serv, it's like this since 4.1.
As you say, there are others servs. Less than it used to be, but we can still go on an other serv if we want to play without HK or smoke or only SR8 or ... I hear what you say, but anyway *SEXY'S* serv appeals like that. I dont think it should become an "elitist" server.
Cya.
Flyer
Flyer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Branch » 03 Nov 2018 17:02

Elitist? Seriously? I'm talking about limiting the abuse of hk and smoke when the server is full and not deleting them (which I would do if the server was mine). And it's been years but I think I clearly remember that once the server was less chaotic. I do not say like the old SG1 but for sure it was more controlled. And anyway you confuse (little more) quality with elitism.
B.
Branch
Player
Player

Postby KElite » 04 Dec 2018 00:00

Hi,

I have my idea about Branch *kiss*, but I have to drop here that some of his arguments should be taken into consideration.
30 slots ok, but the server lags (a lot) because some classic maps are unfortunately calculating all vertex (including the hidden ones) and the smoke adds sooo many polygons... but in this case, I agree with you (sexy team): your server, your rules.

About the lags, may it be the candy bot is causing the lags (or whatever script it is running behind)?

Instead the point about hidden admins: no problem that some admins remain hidden (it is necessary). But may be the presence of some reference point will help keep the "idiots" away: they see there is an admin they can recognize, they go away... or they get punished.
I can't make of "our" little server an example, but we even let some cheater (with full package) play with us and you know what, they leave alone! (Little secret aka the power of TS: we say each other where he is and we start targeting him). Anyway in general, seeing that we are there, the cheaters join, tries to stay put, can't resist, makes a mistake and get kicked (not banned) and... they mainly do not come back (also because they cannot hide behind smoke or goggles - which are disabled on our server. But again in your server, it is your call and I will support your decision).

Secondly, as you see a restaurant or a pub where there are a lot of people, you also want to join. The same is with (every) populated server. Even our team members, when we cannot play together, we enjoy playing in sexy server because we find... opponents. It is as simple as that. And we even do it in "stealth mode" sometimes (i.e. with other nicks).
With a side note: when in a very crowd restaurant/pub you recognize that the food served is not of your taste... well, you will start to avoid the restaurant on every occasion, even if it is full of people. Practically you start to look for quality.

On your side, I must admit you invest a lot of your time in the forum and in the server, and I can only thank you for that.
Like everybody, sometimes you also make mistakes, but I have always got from Flyer good attitude. Einstein answer sometimes sounds crude (may be because there is room for improvement in his english :-)

Just saying.
Enjoy.
KElite
Player
Player

Return to Hold your position.