Logo

a GUN ONLY day once a week

Objective: Polls.
Create a poll or take part.

disable grenades 1 day a week (including HE, HK69 and Smoke)

Poll ended at 17 Mar 2012 22:24

Yes
70%
No
30%
dont care
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: a GUN ONLY day once a week

Postby sleepyhead » 10 Mar 2012 04:50

All the years we have the urban terror server we play the game as it is.
And i think the most players want it so as it is. And they come exactly for this reason to us and play here.

I think to disable weapons is a bad idea. Look back at nitros, the players was run away.
I will think about it, but it is a deep cut in the game. I'm not lucky about this.

Best regards
sleepyhead
sleepyhead
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Postby Barkay » 10 Mar 2012 15:20

the player on nitros ran away because nitro went on an insane kick & ban spree, hunting down campers anywhere he saw them, issuing 7d bans if you havent moved for more then 10 seconds....
he banned me for 5 days for not moving for 15 seconds, i was healing and reloading 3 guns.
and i was lvl 60 admin at the time.

when nitros wasnt actually on the server, it was always propperly full and had a nice atmosphere..

as a trial run once a week shouldnt be too much for the "LOOK! I CAN THROW A NADE! IM 1337!" noobs to handle.

player number statistics & feedback will show.
-HP xw6600- | 2x Intel Xeon E5450/ 3.00 GHz, 12MB L2, 1333 MHz, FSB, 80W | HP 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667 ECC FBD RAM | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB PCIe | Logitech G500 / Evoluent Vert 4 | Steelseries 9HD | dasKeyboard Pro S | HP w2558hc display | beyerdynamic DT770PRO headphones
Barkay
Player
Player

Postby Eva001 » 01 May 2012 20:31

Hi,

I can of agree with sleepyhead, I won't change the weapons on the servers cause they are well balanced and kind of well used. Usually we you ask a player to don't spam a certain zone with smoke or grenades he will stop doing it in order to improve his game-play (specially when it's asked by one of the best ranked players).

I'm playing UT since more than 2 years now, and only play on Sexy CTF servers since I discovered it because it gather mostly good and respectful players.

I don't think there is a need to cut some weapons just for the reason that sometimes some players just don't know how to use them, simply tell them quickly how.

Plus, if a path is blocked by grenades, you can always find another way to pass.
Same for the smoke, Goggles are there to play in that smokey conditions.

I really love playing with grenades and smokes, they give a lot of tactical bonus on map.
And I mostly love using the grenades in close range by holding it 3-4 seconds before throwing it in the face of my enemy, please don't take off that pleasure! :D

Anyway the most important thing is to have fun playing which is still the case here :)

Regards,

Eva001
Eva001
Player
Player

Postby fr0stig » 02 May 2012 14:47

Some inputs from my side:

- Sleepyhead, Nanny and Me can change the gear via Rcon (so there are 3 ppl who could do it).

- SEXY'S never had any settings about the weapons or something. And i think that's what SEXY'S should stay like. I personally wouldn't change the settings because nades belong to the game. I also hate smoke nades - but it's just part of the game and in some cases it can be a wining reason.

- We could indeed try it on Server 2 how it works - but not on Server 1. Server 1 should stay as it is. I would neither install a b3 Plugin just for that. Because it just needs ressources which are not needed..
fr0stig
Head-Admin
Head-Admin

Postby Supr3m0 » 14 Nov 2013 23:51

fr0stig wrote:Some inputs from my side:
- We could indeed try it on Server 2 how it works - but not on Server 1. Server 1 should stay as it is. I would neither install a b3 Plugin just for that. Because it just needs ressources which are not needed..

Frostig we need you!!! can you try to remove smoke with b3 PLEASE in Sexy2???? and also unslees map like a Tunis Casa Suburbs?that is server CTF or TDM? :x
Supr3m0
Player
Player

Postby Duckie » 18 Nov 2013 01:54

plz...think about cycle maps...a lot of players were leaving before with casa sub...so why adding tunis?play on sexy 2 and see.....

ps: it s like you want to do guys discover new maps.....?
Who kills Ducks sucks!
Duckie
Player
Player

Postby uhaaa » 15 Jan 2014 13:04

the misuse of "heavy weapons" is a design flaw in UrT. if you had to buy your equipment and your income would be coupled to your archivements, like in counter strike, you could only affort those items, if you are sufficiently successfull. which you wouldn't, if you only fool arround or havent learned the basic skills, like so many. they should really change that.
uhaaa
Player
Player

Postby Sha' » 15 Oct 2014 19:28

Stop your shit!
Sha' needs boom boom nade.
The way you win matters.
Sha'
Player
Player

Previous