Logo

SMOKE or NO SMOKE on Sexys server

Objective: Smalltalk.
Talk about everything what does not fit into another category.

Re: SMOKE or NO SMOKE on Sexys server

Postby Duckie » 14 Oct 2013 19:11

Smoke is a part of the game even if it s true, it s boring when noobs are just smoking for pleasure everywhere and without using gogles... So better idea, kick noobs ... :D lol
Who kills Ducks sucks!
Duckie
Player
Player

Postby battje » 15 Oct 2013 09:36

Supr3m0 wrote:and for to many other player wanna enjoy but also play a bit more "serious" without smoke

I don't understand what smoke has to do with being serious or not. Just because it annoys you and some other people (it annoys me too a lot of times) it's a weapon just as any other. It's exactly as if I said please remove M4 because it makes me die too much.

Your argument about wanna play bit more 'serious' (and supposedly smoke prevents you from doing that) doesn't make sense in my honest opinion.

There is nothing more 'serious' than competitive games and in all my years when I was playing competitive matches smoke has never been banned in any of them. On the other hand it has been used in most my matches by my team and enemies teams. And because of this we have won many times. I'm saying this because 'serious' and 'enjoyable' game has nothing to do with smoke grenades.

Blame the player, not the tools.

You have rules against abusing smoke in own spawn etc... get admins to use this rule to punish players, and don't take away us the tools which are used by other players in professional way to win the game just because few people don't know how to play with and against people who use smoke.

Batt
battje
Player
Player

Postby Supr3m0 » 15 Oct 2013 15:28

i play since 3 years competition (Urban Zone and Clan Base)and fortunately i see use smoke just 2 or 3 time in case disperate.....use smoke can be tactical ok but it is also a big sign of weakness :P and in server public are to many ppl use smoke just because happened to him in hand therefore pulls wherever it is....me when take that smoke i drop fast this weapon because i dont have visor or wh so i NEED see enemy for kill him :) in all case i repite for my opinion u have sexy 1 and u can use all smoke u want....dont use sexy2 for smoke here too because not good for your health too much smoke :mrgreen:
Supr3m0
Player
Player

Postby battje » 15 Oct 2013 16:42

I don't know, it must have been changed since I played (3 years by now) but I don't see smoke as a sign of weakness. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think everyone should smoke in a team. In a 5v5 team I think only 1 person should have smoke.

To me you sound to be a person who goes and usually kills people to protect people who get the flags, and occasionally when there is a chance to grab the flag yourself. I totally understand your point here. A smoke placed in a bad place can and in most occasions WILL make your (and some of your teammates') life miserable. I agree people like you and defenders should not even have smoke equipped at all.

But...

Now if you look at me, I'm totally opposite player to the type of player I described above. You could describe me as a team monkey, I don't kill as much as other people in team (usually only near my own flag or some annoying defenders). I'm the guy who can jump everywhere from everywhere. My job is to successfully grab and capture the flag as fast as I can (usually within few seconds). Now with a nicely placed smoke (or 2) near enemy's flag and escape routes, I can capture the flag before most of the enemies actually realise where the heck I am.

if that is a sign of weakness? It might be, but more it's a sign of enemy's weakness of not knowing how to predict my moves and actually forcing them to waste their equipment slot to use goggles and force them to do more mistakes (much slower reaction time, much lower map control, team damage, and sometimes even teamkills).

As I already pointed out, I understand where you coming from. Yes, the smoke is really irritating, frustrating and annoying when used by the wrong players (which happens a lot on public servers). But both SEXY's 1 and SEXY's 2 are public servers and SEXY's in my time always have been known that all public servers allowed all weapons and equipment. I don't think it would do any good to start banning weapons and equipment on public servers.

As for your last point, are you threatening me that if I start smoking on SEXY's 2, are you going to start breaking rules and teamdamage/teamkill me?

In my opinion we shouldn't ban smoke, admins should be more strict and start warning players who abuse it as I believe there is already a rule for it. It's just not being used by admins.

once again: don't blame the tool, blame the player. If you delete the tool, noobs will find something different to make our lives miserable. Then other's will start to push to ban more stuff and argue that we banned smoke and why not something else because it makes their lives miserable.

Batt
battje
Player
Player

Postby Supr3m0 » 15 Oct 2013 17:12

battje you wrote to much :D ..anyway battje maybe you misunderstood me... for first my position is in attack on CTF and im usual go take flag also alone and without smoke,just with my good hits on sexy server and i go back defense just when need,and no i dont start to teamkill u just because u use smoke in server (with the smoke you receive so many shots at random from your own peers and also in the long run very annoying) ..In any case i'm not going to do monologues,and ofc everyone has their own thoughts ;) I think if you could make a democratic vote would be perfect!
see you on server battje and all others :twisted:

ps: ----> Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 3. <---- lol???? ahahah not abuse to fun .:d(^__^)b:.
Supr3m0
Player
Player

Postby Pilou42 » 15 Oct 2013 19:00

battje wrote:Me, player who always been pretty much in top 1-2 player in every match (back in the day when I was Sexy's admin), I have always used smoke.

I don't know any pro who use smoke. But I do see some advanced players who use smoke, BUT with goggles, and indeed these kind of players can easily have a nice score. But score is nothing in CTF.

So, as you did not mention it clearly, do you use goggles with smoke ?
Pilou42
Player
Player

Postby Pilou42 » 15 Oct 2013 19:03

battje wrote:There is nothing more 'serious' than competitive games and in all my years when I was playing competitive matches smoke has never been banned in any of them. On the other hand it has been used in most my matches by my team and enemies teams. And because of this we have won many times. I'm saying this because 'serious' and 'enjoyable' game has nothing to do with smoke grenades.

In which Division did you play ? I've never seen smoke used in top divisions.
Pilou42
Player
Player

Postby Supr3m0 » 27 Oct 2013 15:04

finaly???? for com back in topic.....Sleepyhead can u do a votation for remove this unslees weapon on Sexy 2 ???? is UNPLAYABLE cmon.......... is possible vote or you dont want do this? (ofc is your server is just ask)
Supr3m0
Player
Player

Postby sxp:> » 30 Oct 2013 04:25

I dont play much on server 2 so it doesn't bother me much whatever is decided.
I dont usually carry smokes and i had to upgrade my gfx card because of them :)

anyway i regularly use goggles not just for smoke but also for countering annoying snipers. I dont think they are related the decision should be separate for goggles and smoke.
As for tks you learn quickly to tell the difference between friends and foes unless you like getting kicked ...
sxp:>
Player
Player

Postby Turn » 24 Sep 2014 13:56

Hi all!
Some very strong opinions here, and all make interesting reading. I've played UT for about 7 or so years now, and am of the opinion that, while stupid (spawn etc) smoking can be annoying, it is an essential part of a battle, just as TAC goggles are.
Imagine real warfare, where one team decided smoke was unfair - hilarious.
I'm well aware this is a game, but by design, it's a highly competitive game, but we should all remind ourselves IT IS STILL ONLY A GAME.
By all means, offer opinions, get angry where necessary, but play by the rules and hope the admin (when on) will deal with the idiots that plague the server from time to time. I've been admin (Z.U.Z & LaBoucherie) so know the other side of the frustration players can cause with excessive & unnecessary smoking, TK'ing etc etc. Its not always clean cut.
As several have pointed out in this thread, it's a PUBLIC server, and as such should be left unadulterated. Well, maybe with a regular player level !Teams command added. Keep up the good work admins.
Hope to see you all in game!.
See you all in game!
Turn
Player
Player

Previous

Return to How the hell are ya?